graphically show dependencies

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Jan 12 12:52:19 UTC 2008

On Saturday 12 January 2008 06:53:28 Patrice Dumas wrote:
> I remember that there was a tool to show graphically the package
> dependencies. Did I dream? If not, where is it?

rpmgraph shows you the runtime dependencies that are in the rpm. Notably,
rpmbuild does not figure out shell script dependencies, so that is missing.
(But it could with a little work by scanning installed packages for shell
scripts and running bash --rpm-requires $TARGET).

I also wrote a utility for the rookery build system that captures the build
time dependencies suitable for graphing which is a little different than
runtime. This was to allow analysis of code or subsystem changes to see what
might be affected.

-Steve