Fedora 8 hanging

Martin Marques martin at marquesminen.com.ar
Sat Jan 12 15:39:11 UTC 2008

I'm getting constant hangs on my Fedora 8 on a Compaq Presario F500,
with an AMD turion 64 (running Fedora 64) and an Nvidia video card
(using the binary driver from livna).

For some reason I get random hangs (nothing works at all) and don't know
if the nvidia driver is to blame or something in the kernel. Logs say
nothing.

I'm using a koji kernel -101.fc8 which has a fix for my broadcom
wireless card (with the kernels available in F8 hangs were more often
and I couldn't get connected to my AP).

This Notebook work very well with Fedora 7 and I did an upgrade using
the December re spin from fedora unity.

Any tip on what I can do to check where the problem is? I was gonna fill
a bug report but I'm not sure where the problem is yet.