pirut, pup, system-*: policykit integration

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jan 13 00:33:42 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange <berrange <at> redhat.com> writes:
> gnome-system-tools lets you do exactly that. The core functionality is
> all in the non-GUI backend. The GUI is just a shim which talks to the
> backend over DBus. So you can plug in whatever GUI you like and use the
> same backend code . Feel free to write a backend for KDE / whatever other
> DE you care about...

But something tells me the "gnome" in the name won't make the project very
attractive to the KDE community...

Personally I don't care too much about the name, even though I think having
something like "gnome-system-tools-backend" as a dependency of whatever the KDE
version would be called if it gets written is going to confuse users.

        Kevin Kofler