Slip of Alpha

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 19:03:58 UTC 2008

Today Release Engineering with input from QA has decided to slip the
alpha release by a week.  The current state of rawhide and the
inability to install rawhide for many weeks now does not give us
confident in a successful Alpha.  We're giving the installer team an
extra week to fix things up so that we have a better chance at a wide
Alpha use.  Releng/QA will revisit again next week during the release
engineering meeting to give a go/no-go vote on enacting the freeze for
Alpha.

The schedule[1] has been updated to reflect this.  No other dates have
been adjusted at this point.

[1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule

--
Jesse Keating