Start/stop of OpenVPN interfaces with ifup/ifdown

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Mon Jan 14 21:12:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 14:40 -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> It was brought up at the time, but everyone was saying NetworkManager
> was going to take over the world, so making ifup/ifdown work didn't
> seem like a terribly high priority.  NetworkManager-openvpn has been
> around for a while...

Though it seemed abandoned at some point in time and the last time I
checked, it didn't support some options that I use in my config namely
'tls-auth/tls-remote'.

Maybe it's interface needs some simple option to add 'custom' name/value
pairs that get passed to the openvpn program to allow for future
enhancements or local customizations and such.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>