KDE-SIG weekly report (03/2008)

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Tue Jan 15 22:28:34 UTC 2008

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
 to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 03/2008

Time: 2008-01-15 16:00 UTC

Meeting page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-01-15

Meeting log:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-01-15?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fedora-kde-sig-2008-01-15.txt

= Participants =

- DennisGilmore
- KevinKofler
- RexDieter
- SebastianVahl
- ThanNgo
- "fengshaun" (IRC-Nick)
- "No5251" (IRC-Nick)

= Agenda =

* feedback of kde-4.0.0 live image [1]
* preparing for Fedora 9 Alpha [2]
* swfdec is proposed to be installed by default in Gnome spin. What about
konqueror? [3,4]
* KDE 4.0.0 at kde-redhat.org: Useful to get testers or too much work?

= Summary =

o feedback of kde-4.0.0 live image
- good feedback:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-January/msg01754.html [5]
- should be verified which problems should go upstream and which ones to our
bugzilla
- we should try to test vesa support and get a testing matrix up (it seems to
run on some machines and on some not)
- Everyone with an intel graphics card should test the livecd with
xdriver=vesa
- RexDieter will also set up a torrent for the livecd

o preparing for Fedora 9 Alpha
- problems with kde-l10n/kde-i18n should be sorted out until the alpha freeze
(conflicts between kde3 and kde4)
- ThanNgo will take care about that
- decision about alternative menu as default was postponed to kde-4.0.1 (it
was implemented last minute in kde-4.0.0 and isn't configurable (yet))

o swfdec is proposed to be installed by default in Gnome spin. What about
konqueror? (1)
- swfdec-konqueror was only initially imported but no further commits were
done
- Klash (the kpart of gnash) should also be verified but must be ported to
kde4
- We'll add "finding a flash solution" to our todo list for F9

o KDE 4.0.0 at kde-redhat.org: Useful to get testers or too much work?
- RexDieter will work on getting kde-4.0.0 into kde-redhat-unstable for Fedora
8

o Open discussion
- SebastianVahl is thinking about replacing kaffeine with dragonplayer on the
live images. But the latter lacks some features in comparison to kaffeine
- Okteta finally got a reviewer
- Quarticurve-KWin's review is mostly finished
- RahulSanduram is thinking about writing an article on KDE 4 for Red Hat
Magazine and asked for generall interest and possible reviewers.

= Next Meeting =

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-01-22

= Links =

[1]