SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 07:26:57 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>
>> And I bet that more will choose ubuntu as a "friendlier" desktop if
>> fedora forces people to use SELinux.
>
> Except noone is talking about forcing anyone to use selinux, just about
> not 'suggesting' that they don't use it... which is exactly what turning
> it off at install would be doing.

Sorry but you are forcing it if is enabled by default on install.
How much users (not counting devels, admins and testers) of fedora know
about SELinux and what it is? And what do people do when they install
something - they probably leave all settings on default in hope that
they don't "break" something with their wrong choices.

Again I'm talking about desktop spin - I believe that it's target aren't
devels and sysadmins but general public. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Valent