An interesting read when discussing what to do about our bugs...

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 19 20:05:36 UTC 2008

nodata <lsof <at> nodata.co.uk> writes:
> Fedora does a lot better, much better, but probably the most annoying
> aspect of using Fedora's bugzilla is the attitude of some of the
> maintainers (not all) and the "closing, report upstream" attitude.
>
> Closing a bug report with "report it upstream" is a let down. It's
> repetitive boring work that a computer should be doing.

We're 4 maintainers for all of KDE in Fedora (and that's already 4 times as
many as not too long ago). We get dozens of bug reports, many of which aren't
specific to Fedora in any way. There's no way we can fix them all by ourselves,
the only way to actually get things fixed is to report them to the actual
upstream maintainers of the concrete application you're having issues with. And
I don't think KDE is the only set of packages in this situation.

        Kevin Kofler