Opinion: Preferred Applications & Removable Drives and Media

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:03:45 UTC 2008

2008/1/23, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>:

> On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 01:49 +0100, Mark wrote:
> > > But thanx for the help. now i know what i have to do.
> >
> > Hmm.. just a minor issue.
> > I've just updated totem and now i can choose that a few times in the
> > media list as well (including dvd video) but i don't see a option
> > there to run a command. Isn't it handy to have that option there if
> > none of the other options suit you?
> >
> > Or what else do i have to do to get another application to show up in that list?
> > and is this conforming a standard from freedesktop? if so: which one?
> >
> > That's the only thing i miss
> >

> Entries in which you manually enter commandlines are what we are hoping
> to leave behind in gnome-volume-manager...
>
> If none of the entries suit you, you can create a small desktop file
> having the command you want to run in the Exec field, and the suitable
> content type in the MimeType field.

Seems logical and looks better.
and i still wouldn't mind having the option to do just that ^_^
putting it in .desktop files is really something you need to search
for before you find out that it needs to be in there.

O well.. thanx a lot for the help. All my problems (regarding this
issue) are fixed now.