RFE: prevent broken rawhide network install due to repo change

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 04:34:28 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Any mirrors that sync to rawhide while there are duplicated files should
> have those files already (from the day before) and would only fetch the
> new files. Those mirrors could either 1) keep the duplicate files all
> day until the next sync, or 2) have their own cleaning process such as a
> cron job.  In either case, anyone requesting an installation while the
> duplicates are there would not be effected.

To clarify 'cleaning process' I envisioned that koji would create a list of the
files changed during that build, those that are then going to be removed, and
include that in the repo top level directory.  A cron job on the mirrors could
just read that 'files removed during build' list and remove them after that
'overlap period'.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>