long term support release

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 25 08:23:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 09:16 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > However, I recall FESCO (or had it been FAB?) having decided on FC's
> > short life-time and to support EPEL. Both decisions have been severe
> > mistakes, IMO.
>
> Supporting EPEL is a good idea, but not letting those who want to take
> care of long term fedora is in my opinion a mistake. In most cases epel
> spec files couuld be used for fedora long term, in my opinion there
> would certainly be synergies between the 2 projects.

Maybe I missed something. Who/What is stopping someone(s) from taking on
Long term support for fedora if they choose to?  I don't recall anyone
stopping anyone from doing it. I mean we stopped spinning cd-sized iso
releases. Fedora Unity didn't care for that and they started doing their
own. Not only did no one stop them no one CAN stop them from doing it.

-sv