long term support release

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Fri Jan 25 17:00:30 UTC 2008

* Ralf Corsepius [25/01/2008 17:41] :

> I have been proposing to extend the life-time of discontinued Fedora's
> on completely open and free, volunteered basis (similar to what Legacy
> once did).

There have been 4 or 5 different proposals made in this thread, all with
their own specifics (ABI/API compatibility, list of packages to maintain,
third-party repo or not, ...) and there's really no way to tell where
yours fits in all of this.

This is why you should propose a SIG (being specific in its mission
statement), lead it if it gets approved and form a third party repo
if it doesn't.

Emmanuel