Disable Pulseaudio

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jan 26 09:24:43 UTC 2008

On Saturday 26 January 2008, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> Michel Salim wrote:
>
> > Do you have anything in ~/.asoundrc ?
>
> That was it. I think I created that file some time ago to get skype working
> but then forgot about it. Now alsa works as it should, thanks!

Hmm, I lost interest in trying to get Skype working with PA in F8 shortly
after F8 release and found that getting rid of PA as much as possible was a
quick "fix" for it; if you have good recipes for ~/.asoundrc that result in a
working Skype+PA setup, those would be appreciated.  I'm pretty sure I've
already tried stuff at http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#Skype to
no avail.