thinkpad-acpi upstream version?

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 22:53:43 UTC 2008

2008/1/10 Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com>:
> Nicolas Antonio Corrarello wrote:
> > Maybe you're in the same condition as I am (Also T61 user, great
> > machine)... Can't make the volume
> > up/down keys to work, and I can't change the volume through
> > /proc/acpi/ibm/volume. I'll see if this is solved in the thinkpad-acpi
> > changelog and file a bug...
>
> Ah yes, mine has the same issue with 2.6.23.12 right now, forgot about that.
> Heck, *I* should have filed a bug already... But I'll let you. :)
>
> Also, the brightness keys don't do anything on mine, though that may be
> resolved in rawhide via xbacklight, iirc. Rawhide was a bit too explodey for
> me to want to upgrade to it just yet though.

Apologies if this is a silly question, but which Rawhide package
contains xbacklight? I just did a yum search and it came up blank. I
just compiled it by hand on F8 and it works fine.

Like several others on this thread, the brightness controls do nothing
on F8, and I've been getting barely three hours with the extended
7-cell battery on a 14" 1280x800 with Intel graphics -- going to jump
to F9 alpha once that comes out.

My suspend problems are almost identical to Matthew Saltzman's; I'd
roll my own kernel if I have the time to experiment with different
settings.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/