Fedora Education Spin

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jan 27 00:50:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:26:39 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I think you are drastically underestimating the value of this fitting
> into a CD and more granularity in packages. It *is* a big deal.

And I think you're limited by the assumption that the only way to run
or install a Live image is by running a CD sized media.  It's not.
There are a few ways now, and we can certainly put work into creating
more and easier ways to consume these images.  Software is only getting
bigger, and the CD size is only going to further limit what we can do.
Functionality of the CD sized image will only get worse, not better.

--
Jesse Keating