bodhi 0.4.10 features

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 04:26:16 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 10:50:36PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Mamoru Tasaka <mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> writes:
> > Luke Macken wrote, at 01/28/2008 07:54 AM +9:00:
> >> It's actually NEXTRELEASE, instead of CURRENTRELEASE (correction sent to
> >> devel-announce).  As for rationale behind this decision, I'm not quite
> >> sure, I just wrote the code :) Jon Stanley/QA/FESCo could probably shed more
> >> light on this.
>
> > I disagree. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=bug_status.html#status
> > says:
>
> Yes, this choice is surely 100% broken.  I could see either
> CURRENTRELEASE or ERRATA as sane.

Agreed.  Waiting to hear back from Jon as to what he meant by it; in the
mean time, I've reverted bodhi back to using CURRENTRELEASE.

Sorry for the confusion.  Jon's proposal[0] was approved at the last FESCo
meeting, but it doesn't specify what to close the bugs as.  John
Poelstra's bug workflow[1] page illustrates Jon's proposal, but specifies
that bugs be closed as RAWHIDE.

I agree with Tom that either ERRATA or CURRENTRELEASE are probably the most
sane, but we definitely need to come to a consensus, and make it official.

luke

[0]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JonStanley/BugWorkflow
[1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnPoelstra/BugLifeCycle