Suggestion: Use Liberation fonts as default in Firefox 3

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:38:56 UTC 2008

Hey,

I have Firefox 3 now on Fedora rawhide and i really disliked the
default fonts so i played a little with it till i got acceptable
results. here are a few screenshots:

1: [1] Default Firefox 3
2: [2] Firefox 3 with Liberation fonts
3: [3] The settings i changed

As you can see in [2] is that the fonts are looking just better. i
can't make anything else out of it. I've also tested this font setting
[3] on other sites like digg.com and the fedora wiki and it looks
better everywhere. So i really hope this could be made default for
Fedora 9 with Firefox 3.

Side note: that extremely big close button in FF3 is extremely ugly!

[1] http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6141/firefoxdefaultpf5.png
[2] http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6871/firefoxliberationax1.png
[3] http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7083/firefoxfontsnu7.png