Cannot upgrade from Rel 7 to Rel 8

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:20:34 UTC 2008

Hello,

    Last week I tried to upgrade from Rel. 7 to Rel. 8. System got stuck
    while checking for dependencies. Progress bar goes almost to 100%
    and then freezes there (+12 hours). As the box is relatively well
    configured (Intel Core Duo, 2GBytes RAM) and as I don't have
    problems with Rel. 7, I guess it must be a scalability problem with
    the dependency checking in Rel. 8.

    If someone had the same problem and was able to fix it, please
    suggestions (other than simply reinstalling everything) will be
    really welcome.

Best regards and happy 2008 for all !!!

Casimiro