Mass rebuild status with gcc-4.3.0-0.4 of rawhide-20071220

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 13:01:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 01:36:00PM +0100, drago01 wrote:

> Two of my packages are in this category:
> http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/rawhide20071220-gcc43/unsorted/compiz-fusion-0.6.0-7.fc9.log
> and
> http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/rawhide20071220-gcc43/unsorted/compiz-fusion-extras-0.6.0-1.fc9.log
> both fail with
> "checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
>
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details."

configure:6351: checking whether g++ accepts -g
configure:6381: g++ -c -g  conftest.cpp >&5
conftest.cpp:9:1: error: "VERSION" redefined
conftest.cpp:7:1: error: this is the location of the previous definition
configure:6387: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "compiz-fusion-plugins-main"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "compiz-fusion-plugins-main"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.6.0"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "compiz-fusion-plugins-main 0.6.0"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "maniac at opencompositing.org"
| #define VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE "compiz-fusion-plugins-main"
| #define VERSION "0.6.0"
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
| #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:6419: g++ -c   conftest.cpp >&5
conftest.cpp:9:1: error: "VERSION" redefined
conftest.cpp:7:1: error: this is the location of the previous definition

etc.  In C and with g++ <= 4.2 also C++ this yielded just warnings,
which configure ignored.  Now in C++ it is a hard error unless -fpermissive.
Better fix the configury not to define VERSION twice.

The same for the other package.

	Jakub