Why does gdb now give lots of warnings?

James Antill james.antill at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 19:40:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 10:45 -0800, Tom London wrote:

> Interesting.....
>
> I tried 'debuginfo-install rhythmbox' and got a list of 43 packages..... cool.
>
> However, it looks like it wants to install 3 'real' packages:

 Well yum is just following the deps, for instance for me check,
check-devel and gstreamer-devel are the top three installs ... which is
because gstreamer-debuginfo requires gstreamer-devel, which is obviously
required by rhythmbox.
 I'd say it's likely that we have some unneeded deps. on some of the
-devel packages (maybe should be BuildRequires?) ... on the other hand
it's not something that'll affect normal[1] users.

[1] If you want to use gdb, you aren't normal :).

--
James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com>
Red Hat