call for texlive related packages maintainers

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 13:22:06 UTC 2008

On 05/01/2008, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 01:08:22PM +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> > On 05/01/2008, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> > > In texlive but should be separate:
> > > xdvik (xdvi)
> > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdvi
> > >

> > The need for this one would disappear if the evince packager would
> > enable the dvi backend in evince (BZ #187381).
>
> No, the need for this would not disappear, at least for me.

Actually, yeah, having just done a local build of evince with the dvi
backend enabled, I concur. There's some convenience issues for a start
- evince still doesn't automatically reread a file when it changes on
disk (which xdvi does), and there's something not working with source
specials in evince as well.