Init : someone could comment this ?

Casey Dahlin cjdahlin at ncsu.edu
Sun Jan 6 06:17:02 UTC 2008

Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2008 7:16 PM, Casey Dahlin <cjdahlin at ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> there may be an advantage. I don't know if I like python in particular
>> for this roll (maybe something like Haskell that has proven to be light
>> and quick as well as nicer to deal with) but python is very entrenched
>>

> +1 million :D
>
> I'm actually very interested.
>
> -Yaakov

Heh. Haskell is still on my "need to learn" list. A recent glance at the
programming language shootout bumped it up a bit :)

Rewriting a few init scripts or adding LSB headers could be part of the
hackfest.

On that note, is there a packaging requirement now that any new init
scripts must have LSB headers? Should there be?

--CJD