Mass rebuild status with gcc-4.3.0-0.4 of rawhide-20071220

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sun Jan 6 14:06:33 UTC 2008

On Thursday, 03 January 2008 at 13:02, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
[...]
> For testing you can use e.g. koji --scratch builds into dist-f9-gcc43
> target.  I hope we can switch to gcc-4.3.0-0.* in dist-f9 soon.

What are we supposed to do after getting a failing package to build with
gcc-4.3? Just commit the fix to CVS/devel or tag and build the updated
package, too? If there's going to be a mass rebuild with gcc-4.3, I don't
see any value in building the fixed package until gcc-4.3 hits rawhide,
just wasted mirrors' bandwith.

Also, I have a package whose sources are over 10MB. Using koji --scratch
will take forever to upload it over my slow uplink. Is there some way
to do scratch builds out of CVS that does not involve uploading the whole
src.rpm?

Regards,
R.

--