Request for remove a package from rawhide

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jan 7 10:07:07 UTC 2008

Le Lun 7 janvier 2008 10:43, Kevin Kofler a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot <at> laposte.net> writes:
>> Which happens all the time. Please consider that except for scratch
>> builds, anything done in koji will end up on unsuspecting tester
>> systems
>
> But if you fetch things from Koji yourself, you're responsible for the
> mess you're causing.

The question is not "how can I lay the blame on someone" the question
is "how can I build trust in our devel publishing system so we get
more testers and hopefully identify problems before final releases".

Koji is public. You can't safely doctor koji history anymore than you
can doctor a public VCS. If you want to test stuff privately you have
scratch builds. Otherwise fixing a bad build is just a version bump
away.

Blaming testers for doing badly needed testing work, and making their
life harder, is not helpful.

--
Nicolas Mailhot