Init : someone could comment this ?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 19:24:32 UTC 2008

Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de) said:
> I think our safest bet for now is to stay with SysV but spice it up a
> little bit with LSB headers to allow parallel startup, like Debian is
> doing it now.

The problem with how the LSB headers is that as it currently stands
(i.e., not counting prcsys or whatever), they're evaluated at script
install time, and to *correctly* handle them, you need to do it at
runtime, with information that's not in the scripts themselves. So,
to do this right, you need something new to at least replace /etc/rc.

Whether that's worth the effort is another issue.

Bill