Install of FC8 stack trace on Thinkpad T43

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Wed Jan 9 14:37:12 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has run across this problem:

I'm attempting to install FC8 on a IBM Thinkpad T43. The DVD boots just
fine, I select to Install (in either GUI or text mode). Various kernel
modules are loaded and then the install dies with a stack trace.

At first I thought it was a memory issue, so I ran the mem test from the
DVD but everything passed. Then I thought that perhaps the DVD was
somehow damaged so I ran the test to check the media, that was fine too.

Oddly enough FC7 installs without issue.

Cheers,
Harry