Fedora too cutting edge?

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 20:06:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 07:45:18PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> One of the few reasons why Fedora is my distro of choice is because its
> usually cutting edge, and I like to be where the development is happening.
>
> However today I've had an encounter with Fedora which make me wonder if
> sometimes we aren't a little too cutting edge.

This question is worth asking, but I have no good answer.

FWIW, I get criticized for pushing too much brand-new wireless
bits into the Fedora kernels.  Simultaneously (often the very same
days) I get criticized for taking more than a day or two to get new
upstream wireless patches merged into the Fedora kernels.  There is
no winning...

Just my $0.02...

John
--