gripe/question: /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall???

Thomas Woerner twoerner at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 10:00:07 UTC 2008

Douglas McClendon wrote:
> Anybody care to explain to me the logic of the file
>
> /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall
>
> which makes my kickstart and/or lokkit invocations not be respected?
>
> I.e. port 22 remains open even if I do
>
> lokkit --enabled
>
> (or just firewall --enabled in kickstart)
>
> It seems like if anything lokkit should be writing this file, not
> reading one installed by an rpm.  But maybe I just need a clue.  ???
>
> -dmc

If you want to generate a new firewall configuration, you should use the
'-f' option. lokkit is modifying the actual settings as long as this
option is not given. Please have a look at the output of 'lokkit --help'.

/etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall is the config file generated by
system-config-firewall, which replaces system-config-securitylevel since
F-8.

Thomas