Init : someone could comment this ?

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Thu Jan 10 10:26:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Casey Dahlin wrote:

> I have been in touch with Scott Remnant, and this is fortunately not true.

GOOD NEWS!

> InitKit is a project to create a standard for event-based activation. The
> idea is that even if a bunch of distros NIH and implement themselves,
> upstream can count on certain behaviors. No actual software is planned to
> emerge from the project.

So the place where we can see all the Good Stuff from InitKit first with
regard to init-alike systems will be in Upstart.

Great! Would be even greater if I could work full-time to get Upstart
running on Fedora, but can't. I have this intense feeling that someone at
RH must do this for it to work out...

Linus