Pulse Audio 0.9.8 - upgrade?

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:37:31 UTC 2008

On 10/01/2008, Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 00:44 +0000, Christopher Brown wrote:

> > > I know the answer -- He decided to save us from an useless upgrade that
> > > would solve none of our problems. This applies for all package
> > > maintainers who value bandwidth and time of the users more than a change
> > > of one digit in a version number -- my thanks to them.
> >
> > That is perhaps one view. Then there will be the people who are
> > running pulseaudio for the first time because it is in Fedora for the
> > first time, reporting bugs, these get resolved and then pushed out to
> > those users who have their bugs fixed and don't give up on Fedora.
>
> (off-list)
> Which of the bugs you reported against pulseaudio in bugzilla are fixed
> by the new release?

(on-list)
I have not reported any bugs against pulseaudio so I have none which
the new release fixes. However:

http://pulseaudio.org/milestone/0.9.8

gives some good reasons to upgrade. This is more than just "a change
of one digit in a version number". In any event my comment related not
just to pulseaudio but to Fedora as a whole. Point releases reflect
bug fixes - usually - and so upgrading to resolve outstanding bugs is
something that I and many users no doubt will applaud. You are not
forced to accept these upgrades.

Cheers

--
Christopher Brown