Pulse Audio 0.9.8 - upgrade?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:07:31 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 3:06 PM, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> Long story short: The changes to 0.9.7 are no bugfixes, those to 0.9.8
> are invasive. So I believe this better stays out of an already
> released distribution.
>
> And then, you can always run Rawhide. It has 0.9.8. And has had it for
> quite a while.

You could drop 0.9.8 into F8 updates-testing, and let people chew on
it, without making a firm commitment to actually release the package
to updates.

In reality a lot of the specifics on how pulseaudio updating should
work is up to you.  Whatever you do just try to be self-consistent
about it.  You could even recruit a co-maintainer to help with release
updates if you personally want to focus primarily on devel branch in
the future.

-jef