thinkpad-acpi upstream version?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Fri Jan 11 23:57:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 18:42 +0100, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Chuck Anderson wrote:

> >> Intel X3100 graphics, 1680x1050 display, intel video driver.
> >
> > On my ThinkPad T61 with Intel graphics, 1680x1050 display, my
> > brightness keys cause the brightness on-screen display bar graph to
> > appear, but the brightness doesn't actually change until I hit the
> > very top of the scale, then it goes bright immediately.  It also
> > reacts very slowly to each key stroke.
>
> On my T61 (Nvidia Quadro NVS-140M), suspend works, but the brightness
> keys and sound keys do not work. I also get the bar graph, but actual
> brightness doesn't change at all

That's very strange, as the conventional wisdom is that the suspend
issues are nVidia related.

If you don't mind my quizzing you a bit...

- Are you suspending to RAM or hibernating to disk?  If you're using
GNOME, what options do you see if you left-click the battery/AC icon?
How are you actually suspending?

- What driver for the video card?

Brightness control works for me with the vesa driver and the latest
nVidia binary driver (169.04 or later), but not earlier ones.

The nv driver doesn't work at all, but there is an update in the queue
that should work.

- What kernel, and what is the exact model number of your T61?  Could
you post or send me the results of lsmod, lshal, and lspci -v ?  Could
you check the BIOS version?

Thanks!

--
                Matthew Saltzman