compilation architecture

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Sat Jan 12 22:01:23 UTC 2008

lør, 12 01 2008 kl. 22:39 +0100, skrev Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek:
> 2008/1/12, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr>:
>         On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 10:34:38PM +0100, Jakub 'Livio'
>         Rusinek wrote:
>         > >
>         >
>         > So where Fedora just... sucks? Don't tell me "everything in
>         Fedora is
>         > perfect". Fedora is slow. It's a fact.
>
>         If you want to know, search. And avoid coming with ideas, but
>         with
>         facts.
> You're funny...

If it's a fact, it should be a piece of cake for you to provide evidence
in the form of hard numbers. As easy indeed as it was for drago01
provide numbers to show that you are wrong in your basic assessment (at
least in a some what simplistic test case).

There's the chain of analysis that is useful:

Is Fedora indeed performing slowly compared to distributions released in
the same time frame (Fedora 8 vs. OpenSuSE 10.3 or Ubuntu Gutsy)?

If yes, what is the specific problem area in terms of performance. How
do we test for this to avoid regressions, how do we fix it (if it's
fixable at all). Then we need to retest the system performance after the
change to see that it does not introduce a regression in another area.

You do not jump directly to a conclusion without evidence and then
insult contributors.

With all possible lack of respect,
David Nielsen