Impending X driver deprecation

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Jan 14 06:22:58 UTC 2008

On 2008/01/10 21:55 (GMT+0100) Adam Jackson apparently typed:

> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 21:17 +0100, Joachim Frieben wrote:

>> It's not necessarily a matter of work or not, but vesa usually
>> provides abysmal 2D performance compared to a native driver.

> The chips mentioned have abysmal performance to begin with.

The Tseng ET6x00 chips with native driver have far better than abysmal
performance, better than all the others that I ever tried in the list at
start of thread. That's why I have so many of them. They were the best
performing low cost cards of their day, and in the much faster systems of
today, are perfectly fine for mundane 2D desktop workstation use.

--
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409