Fedora bug triage - workflow proposal

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jan 15 10:56:56 UTC 2008

On Tue January 15 2008, Jon Stanley wrote:

> 4)  Once a developer has taken responsibility for a bug and is
> actively working on it, the state transitions to ON_DEV.

This status is not mentioned in [1], will this be changed when this workflow
is accepted?

> Note that at any step of the above process, the maintainer can "fast
> track" the bug, and change it to ASSIGNED.  The triage team is not
> going to look at bugs that are not in NEW or NEEDINFO state.  On the
> flip side of that, it is not a maintainer's responsibility to look at
> bugs that are in NEW any longer.  They can focus their energy on the
> bugs that are ASSIGNED to them.

I guess the triage team should also look at REOPENED bugs, e.g. when they
where closed because of lack from NEEDINFO.

> It was also decided that when a bug is in NEEDINFO for one month, it
> will be closed.  Maintainers would need to realize that putting a bug
> in NEEDINFO is putting it on the fast track for closure.

It should be distinguished, from who information is required. E.g. when it is
not NEEDINFO_REPORTER, closing it after one month would not help.

> I think that's all that I have to say on this topic right now, let me
> know if I'm missing anything or this is complete hogwash :)

I like this workflow.

Regards,
Till

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=bug_status.html#verified