Fedora bug triage - workflow proposal

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Jan 15 11:25:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 23:46 -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> 2)  Triage team looks at bug report, determines if dupe or
> insufficient information exists to solve it. If there is not enough
> information in the bug, then triage team puts the bug in NEEDINFO.  As
> you will see below, this state has a finite life cycle associated with
> it.
I am having doubts the bug triage team will be able to judge on whether
a PR is legitimate or not but on trivial cases.

I.e. I would expect them to end up spam essentially filtering.

> 3)  Assuming bug survives through the triage team, it changes state to
> ASSIGNED

To whom?

IMO, the real problem is getting a competent volunteer involved who is
likely sufficiently knowledgeable about a particular issue. i.e. to
communicate such issues, such that a volunteer can take action when _he_
wants.

That said, I consider lack of communication and "bug arbitration" to be
the actual flaw behind current bug tracking workflow in Fedora.

Ralf