Fedora bug triage - workflow proposal

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:36:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 1:59 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> So... this conflicts with the RHEL workflow, in that NEW is used
> for 'no one is looking at this', and ASSIGNED means 'someone is
> on the hook for that'. I'd prefer something like:
>
>   UNCONFIRMED -> NEW -> ASSIGNED

Yep, but we don't currently have an UNCONFIRMED state.  One thing that
we didn't know was whether or not you could assign different initial
states per product - so that RHEL bugs don't wind up in UNCONFIRMED,
etc.

> If no one is currently looking at it, I think 'NEW' conveys that
> better to the user than 'ASSIGNED'.

It does, but like John said, we were looking to launch with a minimal
amount of effort and retooling, and using what we already had.