Re: Python Eggs and problem with %{python_sitelib}

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:44:12 +0100
Marcin Zajączkowski <mszpak wp pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently I was updating my python package in rawhide to be compatible
> with Python Eggs and from an error in a log it seems that
> %{python_sitelib} is not declared.
> Is it really required to define that variable at the beginning of
> every SPEC file (eventually use %{_libdir}/python*/site-packages/) or
> it should be already defined in the system?
>
> Sample log:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=351446&name=build.log

Python specs should have one of either python_sitelib or
python_sitearch defined at the top of them.  See the guidelines for
python packages.  Use of one or the other depends on if your module is
arch specific (compiled) or not.

--
Jesse Keating