anaconda - unhandled exception

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Wed Jan 16 11:44:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 00:50 -0500, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

> I just finished a rawhide install with boot.iso on i686.
> The only problems I had were the "New Firstboot" not being complete and
> not having access to "cracklib"
>
> Notting fixed the SELinux error on modprobe even without a bug report. :-)

How did the install go, during the package install part (packages
actually being installed)?  On an updated F8 spin the other day, the
time I clicked next to install the packages, it took 1.5 or so hours to
finish.  That is on a PIV 2.8Ghz 1G ram machine.  It's not slow, so
comparing I guess.  Of course, this is using nfs via boot.iso to a
dvd.iso image.  Oh, and no customizing, just the initial choice of
production/whatever that comes up, like 880 packages or something.

How long did yours take?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY