SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 21:46:49 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I believe that SELinux is a great linux server security hardening tool
> but that has little use in desktop linux usage and it confuses
> ordinary desktop users.
> If it hasn't been discussed before I would like to propose that on
> desktop cd spin SELinux is not installed by default, of course after
> discussion and approval from you (fedora devels).
>

> Cheers,
> Valent

Also keep in mind that if SELinux break something on the desktop, THAT
is a bug.  Starting before F8 I personally began to use SELinux enabled
all the time.  At first a few things were broken, but I figured out how
to report smart Bugzilla reports against selinux-policy and dwalsh takes
care of them real quick.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com