SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:00:58 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 12:35 PM, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is your target audience with SELinux?

Everyone who runs a computer that takes input from an external source,
whether that be floppies, or a network connection, or a bluetooth
keyboard.  Security matters... it doesn't matter if you are a desktop
user or not... security matters.  If we are doing a good enough job at
policy writing and management then we fix the policies.

You really need to go back and read every single blog post from Dan
Walsh concerning the new xguest policy he is working on.  He's got
very clear and very real desktop usage cases in mind for it.  Turning
selinux off wholesale on a desktop spin just because its not optimal
yet, is short-sighted.

-jef