SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Wed Jan 16 23:15:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> I really love SELinux and it is a great tool, and it helps a lot of
> admins who use it, but because it is still too rough for the general
> public it should not be forced onto them.
>
> What is your target audience with SELinux?

The target audience is everyone.

What we are trying to do is make a fundamental change to computer security
by taking decades of research and making it useful in the general case.
We are shipping MAC as a standard, enabled-by-default feature of a general
purpose OS.  Welcome to the future, and thanks for being part of it.

- James
--
James Morris
<jmorris at namei.org>