Fedora 8/ARM available

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 08:12:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 00:33 +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are proud to announce the availability of a(n unofficial)
> Fedora 8 package repository for the ARM architecture.
>
> The package repository has been built for ARMv5 EABI, soft-float,
> little endian.  The majority of the important and frequently used
> Fedora packages have been built for ARM.

FWIW, I ported OOo to arm-eabi last year, the "vanilla" rpms of the time
are at...
http://ooo.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/cws/upload/armeabiport01/
and that work is now integrated into 2.4.0 as in rawhide so in theory
for F9 it should build out of the box.

At the time there was no ecj/libgcj port to arm-eabi so the extra flag
to OOo's configure required to workaround that was --without-java, I
see java-1.5.0-gcj-devel in the repo now so that's presumably
unnecessary now.

C.