SELinux removed from desktop cd spin?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:26:48 UTC 2008

Till Maas wrote:
> On Wed January 16 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>
>> Dan you are taking this the wrong way. Of course SElinux is great, of
>> course it prevents from 0day exploits, no body is challenging that.
>> But what was the real threat to average desktop users? Has anybody
>> made use of this 0day exploit threat? is there a linux virus in the
>> wild that spread like wildfire that took down all desktops that didn't
>> use SELinux?
>
> The desktop users are the threat, e.g. in internet cafes or computer pools in
> universities or libraries.

Come on, you stretching it waaaay to much. I believe that universities
would go a more corporate way with support - something like SLED maybe,
since RedHat doesn't provide any corporate desktop and fedora it too
cutting edge for such institutions.

Look just at evolution, is has much more bugs now in Fedora 8 that in
Fedora Core 6 (yes I filed bugs). Nobody sane doesn't install fedora on
such large numbers of desktops without any support.

Valent.