compilation architecture

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:24:41 UTC 2008

2008/1/18, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de>:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:42:24 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
>
> > I have two bootcharts.
> >
> > Fedora's: http://img.wklej.org/images/77224fedora-bootchart.png
> > openSUSE's: http://img.wklej.org/images/50076opensuse-bootchart.png
> >
> > Look at many differencies.
>
> No.
>
> In short what you got is:
>
> openSUSE: 39 seconds
> Fedora: 41 seconds inspite of a very slow networking init
>
> --

I cannot use NetworkManager, because Samba over DHCP doesn't work.
Also, NM for now doesn't use network config files (it's probably done in
SVN).

GDM is loaded earlier - starting feels much shorter.

Also, I've found reason of faster opengl drawing!
They include GARTSize option in Device section (for radeon). This makes
improvement of drawing, but makes me use XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps to avoid
shadow bug in Compiz. Also, without LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT Compiz wont start
(it's not a problem for me).

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/