i386 popt static library in x86-64

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:41:17 UTC 2008

Ioannis Nousias wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
>> Ioannis Nousias wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The popt-static.i386 is missing from the x86-64 repositories and it
>>> seems I can't install it from the i386 ones, since it now conflicts
>>> with the x86-64 (I could before, but now something has changed). I
>>> need both the popt-static.x86_64 and the popt-static.i386 in my
>>> system. Any suggestions ?
>>>
>>> regards
>>> -Ioannis
>>>

>> rawhide/f8/f7 ?
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4924 There
>> seem to be built popt-static packages in koji right now, ymmv
>>
> Yes, forgot to mention I'm using F8. Thanks. Installing this
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/popt/1.13/1.fc8/i386/popt-static-1.13-1.fc8.i386.rpm
>
> worked.

Ok, it seems 1.13-1 was pushed to F8 updates, and it is present on this mirror:
http://mirror.lib.ucdavis.edu/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/

and the x86_64 version is as well, but you're right there is no i386 popt-static
here, although there are i386 versions for the other popt packages.
http://mirror.lib.ucdavis.edu/fedora/linux/updates/8/x86_64/

I wonder if that failed to build and didn't get caught or was that intentional
for the general user?

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>