KDE and samba license change (GPLv3)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 19 17:39:49 UTC 2008

Laurent Rineau <laurent.rineau__fedora <at> normalesup.org> writes:
> Well, it seems both Qt-3 and Qt-4 has been released under GPLv3 this week (in
> addition to GPLv2 (and maybe QPL). Let hope the relicencing of KDE will not
> stay stalled too long.
>   http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_Relicensing

The kio_smb code is already GPLv2+, so I think we can reenable it as soon as we
have the "GPLv2 or GPLv3" Qt in Rawhide. (LGPL libraries are not an issue for
this purpose because the LGPLv2 (and 2.1) explicitly allows converting to any
later version of the GPL.)

I already sent a mail to kde-redhat-devel about this.

        Kevin Kofler