[reopen]Re: mock 0.8.9 will not build anything

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Jan 21 17:50:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 05:15:20PM +0100, Frank Büttner wrote:
> Frank Büttner schrieb:
> >Lubomir Kundrak schrieb:
> >>Hi Fran,

> >>Please switch these two lines.
> >>
> >>""" marks beginning of a multi-line string, yum.conf in this case, so
> >>you added the ccache_enable option line to mock's yum.conf.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >Yes now it work's.
> >The goal is, that for /etc/mock/fedora-4-i386-epel.cfg
> >the line config_opts['plugin_conf']['ccache_enable'] = False must be
> >included, because by default at /etc/mock/defaults.cfg ccaache is
> >enabled, but at the epel 4 repo ccache is not available.
> >ccache is only available for EPEL5,F7,F8 and devel.

Wasnt checking email over the weekend, so jumping in again:

We intend to upgrade mock in EPEL5 to 0.9.x come Feb. The dependencies
are now all mostly available. Python-ctypes is in the -testing
repository for EPEL-5.

The fedora builders are all running RHEL5 with this version, so it is
well-tested. If you want to use it, grab the mock 0.9.x SRPM from fedora
rawhide and rebuild it and grab the python-ctypes RPM from epel testing
repo.

All of the configs in 0.9.x have been tested. ccache is disabled in all
of the configs where it is not available in the upstream repos.
--
Michael