Belated FUDCon Boston 2007 video postings

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 17:58:45 UTC 2008

Holy crap, enigmail mangled the sense right out of this email.

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> a few
> things, but the videos were captured using dvgrab on a powerpc system, wh=
> ich
> resulted in byte-swapped audio, which sounds rather HORRIFIC to the ears.=
[snip]

Should have started out:

So I had a dv camera at FUDCon Boston 2007 (last February), and recorded a few
things, but the videos were captured using dvgrab on a powerpc system, which
resulted in byte-swapped audio, which sounds rather HORRIFIC to the ears.

Someone was kind enough to figure out how to fix it, but it took me forever to
get around to actually fixing and compressing the videos, but they're now
available on torrent.fedoraproject.org.

Of course, I was dumb enough to compress them with a codec that I don't
believe is available in Fedora proper, and the A/V sync is terrible, but its
marginally better than nothing, I guess...

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com