long term support release

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 22:24:27 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 3:11 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 12:46 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ISO9000/etc place where you have to have a process for making coffee.
>
> Consistent coffee quality is absolutely critical !!!!!!!!

It went through the usual: All employee processes must be documented..
and so someone wrote it up (probably as a joke though they wish it
wasn't after it got accepted). It then became a safety issue as
someone got burned due to someone not following the procedure.. etc
etc etc.

For organizations that do classified or various government contract
work you have to have additional steps that basically took us 6 months
to cover. [Which was actually why buying an RHEL contract 'saved' us
money.. as the 'we can sue someone' and 'they have existing internal
methods to cover this' meant we could shortcut Software Security,
Safety regs down to 1-2 months.]